Saturday, April 23, 2011

One Month Ago And Amarillo

T'was a month ago that I started this journey.  The first month of this trip could be summed up with the slogan "Just Do It."  I didn't plan ahead, I merely went wherever I felt like going and stayed for as long as I felt like staying.  The lack of planning was fun and landed me some adventures but it also got me into some tight situations and wasted funds.  What I learned, is that you miss some even better experiences if you don't plan ahead accordingly.  I didn't want this trip to be merely touristy stuff and my intent was not for it to be simply a vacation either, although of course it is to a large degree but there is an even larger end goal in mind.

So, for Part II of this trip, my slogan word will be "Authenticity".  A word so hard to come by in todays world.  I'm going to try to get the most authentic experiences I can and I expect to get bogged down out in the west for quite a while since there is so much beauty here that I have never seen and who knows when/if I'll get to see some of these things again.  The Southeast Tour featured a lot of things and places which I feel as though I can go to and do anytime.  Some of these places out west however, who knows.

I've been parked in Amarillo here for a couple days gearing up and actually, finally, doing some planning so I can make the best out of the wild west.  I got some things up my sleeve.  Also, in addition to that, my goal is to update the blog more frequently (daily if possible) with shorter posts, followed by some end of the week longer posts maybe.  I'll try to make the blog daily entertainment as best as I can.

I'll be leaving Texas tomorrow.  I did some sight seeing, saw some friends and enjoyed some fantastic scenery.  And let me tell you, it's no joke, this is one big state.  I've been here a little over a week now and drove for ten hours just the other day.

At the end of the trip, I'll try to put together my own "top ten" lists for different categories.  So stay tuned for that.  Once again, thanks to everyone for your comments, txts messages, facebook messages, wall posts, etc. etc. They mean a lot to me.  Love and Blessings to you all.

Onward and Upward!

Joel

PS: Sorry if I've been bombarding your facebook feeds, sometimes I think of something funny and I don't have a side seat passenger to share it with so facebook is the next best thing!  I probably need a twitter account, although I refuse to stoop that low.  I'll try to tone it down :)

No comments:

Post a Comment