Saturday, June 25, 2011

Paying Homage to My Favorite Actor Jimmy Stewart

I can't get enough of his movies.  I'm sure all of you reading have at least seen It's a Wondeful Life, if you haven't then you've probably been living under a rock.

I was able to visit the Jimmy Stewart Museum in Indiana, Pennsylvania (yes you read that correctly) and could have spent half a day in there.  The man was awesome both as an actor and outside of acting.  He voluntarily enlisted in the Air Force, something he wanted to do from an early age.  And I have another reason to like Jimmy, he was a Republican and did stump speeches for Ronald Reagan in the 80's.  Yes Jimmy, you are one of my heroes.  If you haven't already seen the following movies, I highly recommend these:  Vertigo, Mr. Smith Goes To Washington, The Man Who Knew Too Much, You Can't Take It With You, The Spirit of St. Louis, but there are simply too many to name.

As a sample, here is a clip from one of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite movies of Jimmy Stewarts, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC1HT3UjyDA

No comments:

Post a Comment